Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.) What is a MUD?
- A municipal utility district (MUD) is a special governmental entity of the State of Texas. Regulated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality(TCEQ). The MUD's main function is to provide water and wastewater services and maintain drainage facilities within its boundaries. A MUD may collect taxes, charge for services, condemn property, enforce restrictive covenants and make regulations to accomplish its purposes.
- 2.) How do I get my water service turned on?
- To begin a new account for water and sewer services with MUD No. 6, please call 713.405.1750.
- 3.) What days are trash pick-up days?
- Please visit our trash collection page for information on when trash will be picked up.
- 4.) What types of items can be recycled?
- Please visit our trash collection page for information on recyclable items.
- 5.) What day is heavy trash day?
- Heavy trash day is on Friday of each week. Please visit our trash collection page for more information on when trash will be picked up.
- 6.) During holidays, will trash be collected?
- If a major holiday falls on your scheduled garbage collection day, no service is provided that day. Your pickup will occur on the next scheduled collection day following the observed holiday. Recycling collection would be delayed until the next regularly scheduled recycling pickup day. Please visit our trash collection page for a list of scheduled and observed holidays.
- 7.) Who should I contact for water issues?
For issues with your water or sewer service, questions concerning your bill, or to start or cancel service please contact:
6420 Reading Rd.
Rosenberg, TX 77471
832-490-1600 or 832-490-1601
- 8.) Who should I contact for waste collection issues?
If you have a question regarding your garbage collection, recycling bin replacement or you wish to start or cancel collection service, please contact:
Waste Management Customer Service
Pasadena, TX 77505
- 9.) What are the current tax rates?
- Please refer to our section on tax rates for our current rates and fees.